I figured it's about time for another post since I've been busy doing stuff. I started classes at Parkland College in Champaign, IL. I'm taking math, lit, history, geography, and psychology. So far all my classes are pretty fun, even my math class surprisingly. I'm not much of a math geek; however, this class is geared toward teaching students how to teach elementary level math, so I'm currently re-learning some 5th grade math skills!
The other half of my college experience, the social aspect, is also going very well. My roommates are incredible. They are so much fun. Just about every night so far we have either sat talking/joking around or playing various instruments and singing. We all play the piano as well as other various instruments. Some include...
- mandolin
- banjo
- trumpet
- trombone
- guitar
- saxophone
- flute
- ukelele
- and.....bagpipes!!
So we all enjoy music immensely. Oh and I've heard that Sarah has some mad tapp-dancing skills...hmm...
I've gotten to know a lot of the Champaign young group which consists mostly of students. Everyone here's pretty cool. We went out to eat on Tuesday night to Dos Reales (an authentic Mexican restaurant that I would highly recommend). We have also gotten together 3 times so far to play volleyball and/or ultimate frisbee.
So I'm having a blast here in Champaign. I'm meeting a ton of different people. (The other day a guy from Brazil randomly came up to me during lunch and we had a good chat for like a half hour) There are these two people in my psych class, who are also elementary ed. students, that I've gotten to know a little. I'm having fun and I would love it if someone would come visit. I think I'll be in Champaign next weekend (the 1st and 2nd of Sept) if anyone wants to come. Let me assure you, we have tons of room!! Just give me a call on my cellphone if you want to come or if you don't know my cell number just call my mom and she'll give it to you.
Hasta luego,
Su Dodge
5 comments:
Sounds like fun Susan. I'm glad you're there.
Bagpipes!?!?!?! I'm pretty sure I know all of your roommates; there must be a hidden talent here...who plays the bagpipes?
Btw, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Chambanna...though I never had any doubts. ;)\
~Mary
well Mary,
the bagpipes belong to kristin but sarah wants to learn/sort of knows already how to play them
-su dodge
your roomies are crazy....escape whilst you can....
greg
Susan.....I DON'T HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS....send it to me!
Greg
Post a Comment