Student teaching has been going great so far. We just got done with our last ISAT test today!! The kiddos did a great job staying calm and getting everything done. So in social studies, the curriculum has us cover the Revolutionary War in one lesson. I decided the kids need to know a little bit more about it so I had them partner up and choose a person to research. They are reading biographies about the people and when they are done, they will create a script for an interview with their person. So one of them will be a reporter that goes back in time and the other one will act like the famous person. Then we'll put them all together to form a TV show! The kids loved this idea and are really having fun researching. I tried to include some lesser known heroes like Sybil Luddington and James Forten (you should look them up if you don't know who these people are). Exciting note: I begin my full takeover next week and will teach everything for the next 6 or so weeks
Life is pretty busy with planning lessons, modifying schedules when lessons don't work as planned, grading homework, writing portfolio reflections, taking certification tests, looking for jobs, and doing projects for the U. But I try to relax every once in a while and read a book or two. I'm currently into the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson (courtesy of J-Dub). It is very good (fantasy). Other books I have read/am reading that I highly recommend would include the Mark of the Lion series, Ben Hur (I found an old copy of it and the language/style is hilarious), and Holler if You Hear Me (teaching book about a young teacher's experiences in Chicago school--very educational for me--tells it like it is--has lots of primary information from the students in his classes)
Encourage all my readers to pick up a book this week (reading is great fun),
Su
1 comment:
I just read the mark of the lion last fall.....didn't enjoy the last book as much as the 1st 2 =)
jeanne
Post a Comment