Wednesday, January 11, 2012

"snicker"

I had to laugh today.  So I had to go potty really bad during nap time.  The cd was playing beautiful symphonic melodies accompanied by ocean wave sound effects.  Needless to say, it was a long torturous half hour 'til I could leave for my break:)  The holidays were very enjoyable.  Lots of time spent with family and friends.  It was great getting caught up with everyone.  Sarah F. and I got to swap first year teaching stories:)  I visited the CU girls and ate at Dos Reales (which is the BEST Mexican restaurant ever invented).  We walked around campus in the freezing cold and talked for long periods of time (with some good ol' Champaign silences).  Aahh... sometimes I miss those...  The high school girls got together one night and ate at Kobe Steakhouse.  Although I didn't get a hibachi dinner, I got to watch my friends interact with the chef.  Call me a panz but I definitely preferred that to getting food and sake thrown/shot at me.  I was well satisfied with my crab sushi rolls and fried dumplings.  Here are some pictures from break.

My favorite brother-in-law

My favorite sister

We had fun stuffing nieces in boxes:)

It's a Grace-in-a-box


Kalla and me with our first meal.  It was delicious.



Bob and Cecily  


This morning was very different.  It all began around 4:30am when I was awakened by a fierce thunderstorm....  I was lying in bed trying to decide whether to check on the preschool or not when Kalla knocks on my door.  "Umm... Susan?  The front door blew open and we have hail all over the hallway."  WHAT?!  Apparently our door wasn't completely latched (I'm pretty sure I checked it before going to bed because we've had issues with it in the past) or the wind blew it open.  Then later today, the bug guy asked us if we had snow.  I told him it was hail but I don't think he believed me. "chuckle"  Here's some pictures of the Alabaman "snow":

Hail.

Our front door.

Deep enough for footprints.

The carpet got very wet after I swept the hail from the hallway.
Yep, it was a crazy morning.  I didn't get much sleep and I think I will now turn in.

1 comment:

Mary said...

You TOTALLY forgot to mention your awesome New Year's Eve spent at Greg and Mary's....