Monday, December 12, 2011

Thanks!

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I have definitely felt them. I am feeling much more comfortable as the director (and I'll admit, the pay raise was nice too:). We had our Sunday School Christmas program this past Sunday and everyone did a superb job. I got to help Kristy with the logistics. We walked in singing a song which reminded me a lot of the Madrigal Dinner...ahh...good times. And we ended singing Joy to the World and the plan was to sing a couple verses and then walk out so the congregation could finish the song. However, they didn't know what we were going to sing so I just asked Mark K. to blow a D and I started the song. Then everyone tentatively joined in and that's when I realized we had forgotten to tell them the song we were singing. It was hilarious watching people's reactions (confusion, frantically searching for the number in the index, laughter). I love small churches where things like this aren't a big deal. They just make good memories:) Tonight, the Edelman girls, Kristy, and Bekah joined Kalla and myself in making Christmas cookies. I will be bringing some to the family gatherings so ya'll watch out.

Oh yes, I guess it would be important to note that Kalla moved down last Thursday. She is teaching the 4 and 5 year olds. I just have to say I love having roommates who enjoy doing the dishes! I don't know why but dishes are one of my least favorite household chores (which is saying a lot because household work isn't at the top of my priority list...ask any of my roommates:) Tonight was our first real meal together. It was delicious: strips of Italian seasoned chicken in a chef salad, bread sticks, topped off with some bubbly Sparkling Grape Juice. Mmm...Sparkling Grape Juice is one of my favorite parts of the holiday season. Anyway, I'm looking forward to being in IL for 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hahahahahaha.... :)

Oh Susan and dishes... I am picturing a spotless kitchen, clean from all my hard work on a Sunday afternoon, and myself going happily off to bed. Although it is ridiculously late, my roommate Susan has not yet managed to drag herself back from her beloved Tremont.

Then I picture myself waking up Monday morning. As I come into the kitchen, I recoil in horror as I see the INCREDIBLE MESS of DIRTY DISHES taking up the entire counter, the haphazard rearrangement of meticulously placed objects, and the freshly dirtied floor. I sink into the couch and put my head in my hands, consumed with the overwhelming feeling of despair...

But I guess that's what you get for working on the sabbath... :)